14:00 – 14:05 | Five Minutes Five Facts
- Kirill Mirgorod, Business Development Manager, ICEF
In this session, ICEF’s business development manager Kirill Mirgorod walks the audience through 5 noteworthy or even stunning facts related to digital marketing and digital transformation.
The facts discussed in these sessions help visualise and comprehend the digital impact in the international education sector.
14:05 – 14:35 | Is TikTok a search engine?
- Craig Riggs, Editor in Chief, ICEF Monitor
ICEF Monitor’s Editor in Chief, Craig Riggs, walks us through recent news and developments in digital marketing that are relevant to professionals in international student recruitment. For example, social media channels are becoming much more than a ‘nice to have’ tool on the marketing belt. An example that Craig will highlight is the increasingly common habit among the next generation of prospective students (Gen Alpha) to find answers to their queries through channels such as TikTok rather than via Google or other conventional search engines.
14:35 – 15:20 | Digital marketing and Social Media
- Philippe Taza, CEO, Higher Education Marketing
- Nicolas Chu, CEO & Founder, Sinorbis
- Guus Goorts, Author of “Successful Student Recruitment with Google Ads”
- Host: Martijn van de Veen, VP Business Development, ICEF
Marketing has always been about reaching and engaging the right audience in the right place and at the right time. Today that means you need to meet them where they spend most of their time: online. Education providers and agencies leverage digital channels such as search engines, social media, email and other websites to connect with generation Z and generation Alpha: today’s and tomorrow’s [prospective] international students.
We will discuss:
- What digital marketing means for international education professionals
- Social media: the platforms used by Gen Z and Gen Alpha and how to engage with them
- Digital media channels: how they compare geographically
- How to develop a successful international digital marketing strategy
- The use of data: tracking results, campaigns, user behaviour, SEO
15:25 – 15:55 | The evolution of Digital Testing as part of the student journey
- James Holden, Senior Strategic Engagement Manager, Duolingo English Test
- Dr. Arum Perwitasari, Academic Relations Lead EMEA, ETS Global
- Moderator: Ian Cann, Director Americas, ICEF
Digital testing has been with us for decades, rising to prominence during the pandemic. Now seen as integral to the international student journey, and to a growing number of institutions’ admissions pipelines, the rising popularity of digital assessment and testing solutions means that the technology is under greater scrutiny than ever.
We will discuss:
- Different types of digital testing solutions
- How they operate and the technologies that are used
- What are the challenges and benefits of digital testing?
- What does the future hold for digital assessment, with regard to the student journey, and the admissions process?