Participation at ICEF events is only open to organisations directly contributing to these events’ subject matter.
Participation is at the sole discretion of ICEF, and access to an event may be withdrawn at any time without explanation and without prejudice.
Attendance is to be confirmed by ICEF and made definitive by forwarding confirmation information and invoices for the event/events being attended.
We reserve the right to update or modify these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Your access and use of this service following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by these Terms and Conditions as updated or modified.
For this reason, we encourage you to review these Terms and Conditions regularly and, at minimum, each time you make a new booking with us, in particular points 11. and 12. below.
2. Booking procedure and invoicing
Bookings should be made through your designated account manager and/or sales representative. If this person is not known to you, an account manager / sales representative will be assigned to you following contact with the company.
Attendance will be agreed with your account manager before invoicing, which may be a quote.
Customers confirm their application online via an application form and/or with the sales representative via email and/or by signing a quote and returning it to ICEF. In all cases, these are legally binding applications for an event and/or other ICEF services unless stated otherwise by the customer.
Invoices may be raised in the following currencies only;
- Euro (EUR)
- US Dollar (USD)
- British Pounds (GBP)
- Canadian Dollars (CAD)
- Australian Dollars (AUD)
While we will try to accommodate individual requests regarding the preferred currency from the list above, some events will be priced and must be paid in a specific currency. Your account manager will confirm these details.
Before an invoice is raised, you must confirm the following;
- Legal entity name to be invoiced
- Legal entity address to be invoiced
- EU VAT number (if EU VAT registered)
- Any tax information required by your company which must appear on the face of the invoice
- Purchase order numbers required for payment
Should any of the information above change, we strongly advise you to inform us as soon as possible to avoid any issues with invoices.
Under German and EU law, our Germany-based services are subject to VAT / Sales Tax. For German companies, all our services worldwide will have VAT / Sales Tax applied. For non-Germany-based companies, VAT exemptions are possible; see below. Please note that separate rules are applied for EU-registered companies and non-EU-registered companies, so please refer to the section which applies to your entity;
- For EU companies, excluding Germany, please provide us with your VAT/Sales Tax registration number. Once this is provided, German VAT / Sales Tax will not be applied, and the sales tax is to be declared and paid by you in the EU market where you are tax-resident under Article 196 Directive 2006/112/CE.
- For non-EU companies, German VAT / Sales Tax is only applicable for Germany-based events. German Sales Tax legislation permits VAT-exempted invoicing of event-related services for non-domestic recipients on condition the following is provided;
- An extract of your national business register showing your registration number or a letter from your tax authorities that proves your organisation is registered with the inland revenue authorities.
- A completed and signed “Value Added Tax Disclosure of Information” form, which we will provide to you.
3. Payment terms and payments
Payment terms will be clearly shown on the face of the invoice and may include multiple payments, subject to event timing. Please ensure that your invoice is settled by the designated payment date on your invoice. Failure to do so will result in access to the event being denied.
Suppose a payment due from a participant is subject to tax (whether by way of direct assessment or withholding at its source). In that case, ICEF shall be entitled to receive from the participant such amounts as shall ensure that the net receipt, after tax, to ICEF in respect of the payment is the same as it would have been was the payment not subject to tax.
Payments are not deemed settled until we receive the funds in our bank account. Please ensure that you leave sufficient time to pay your invoice, allowing for banking times. We recommend that you make payments as follows;
- SEPA payments inter-EU, 24 hours prior to invoice being due
- International Payments, 3-5 working days prior to invoice being due
- Credit card payments, 3-5 working days prior to the invoice being due
Payments can be made as follows;
- Bank / SEPA transfers through Commerzbank AG
- Card payments through Vitesse / PayEd
Full details of these are provided on each invoice we issue.
Please ensure that your invoice number is included in the payment reference. Failure to do so may result in us not being able to allocate your payment correctly to your account.
Bank payment facilities are offered through Vitesse / PayEd; however, we mandate that all bank payments are made directly to Commerzbank and that Vitesse / PayEd is only used for card payments.
All bank cards need to be 3D secure (3DS) for card payments. 3DS is a strong customer authentication protocol activated during a card-not-present (CNP) checkout process to confirm the cardholders’ identity prior to authorisation. It is an extra layer of protection designed to reduce the risk of online fraud and normally involves a second way to authenticate the payment through e.g. a mobile telephone app etc. All cards not set up with this will be declined by our merchant provider.
In addition to this, a handling fee of 2.5% is charged for card payments. Our payment partner, not ICEF, charges this, so cannot be waived under any circumstances.
In the event of a missing or lost payment, where payment has been made but not received by us, we recommend the following steps;
- Email Accounts@icef.com and advise of the date payment was made, the amount of payment and forward the remittance advice
- Put a trace on the payment through your banking partner where you made the payment
If you require a receipt for your payment, please request this from Accounts@icef.com. Please remember we cannot issue a receipt until the funds are credited to our bank account.
4. Access to the meeting scheduling system
We typically open the scheduling system for an event approximately six weeks before it begins.
Once the event is paid in full, scheduling system links will be sent to each participant.
Failure to pay your invoice on time will result in a delay in scheduling system access.
5. Cancellation policy
a. Event Bookings
Cancellations before the opening of the scheduling system will be charged 20% of the full participation fees. Thereafter, the full amount is payable.
b. Sponsorship Product Bookings
Cancellations before 12 weeks of the event date will be charged 20% of the full sponsorship fees. Thereafter, the full amount is payable.
6. Transfer policy
Customers are free to transfer between events at any time up to the opening of the scheduling system. As advised above, we open the scheduling system approximately six weeks prior to the first day of the event. Thereafter, any transfers will not be possible, and the full amount for the event is due.
7. Force majeure
If ICEF is prevented from holding an event for reasons beyond its control (including but not limited to labour disputes, civil disorder, acts of war or terrorism, orders of governmental authorities, natural disasters or curtailment of transportation), ICEF may cancel or postpone the event and will notify participants immediately. If an event is cancelled, participation fees may be transferred to another ICEF event within the next 12 months or refunded. Participants may not claim for loss of travel or other related event expenses arising from cancellation or event postponement due to Force Majeure.
If ICEF is forced to cancel an event that has already started, it is agreed that ICEF has fulfilled its obligations, and participants are not entitled to reimbursement of their participation fees or other related expenses.
8. Participant details
The participants’ details received before and during the event are for one-time use only and strictly in connection with the respective ICEF event being attended. They must not be passed on to a third party under any circumstances.
9. Allocation of tables and exhibition booths
ICEF will allocate tables and exhibition booths in advance of the event. If you wish to be placed in a particular location, please inform your account manager no later than 8 weeks prior to the event. ICEF will endeavour as far as possible to meet your request but the final position is not guaranteed.
10. Transport and delivery of promotional materials
Participants wishing to deliver materials to events must employ their own transport and/or delivery service. ICEF is not liable for loss, damage or incorrect delivery during transportation. Typically storage of materials is available 3 days prior to an event. Earlier deliveries may incur additional storage fees per day and item. Please note that the storage of boxes and any other packing material is strictly prohibited in the event halls due to fire and safety regulations.
11. Advertising and promotion during the event
Appointments will occur at tables / exhibition booths, which name cards / fascia boards will clearly identify. All participants must abide by the following, unless they have received prior written approval from ICEF, in advance of the event beginning:
- The only type of display and advertising materials permitted at meeting tables are small items, such as posters, photographs and laptops, which can be placed on the table or attached to the covering tablecloth. These must not obstruct the view of other participants’ tables under any circumstances.
- Display / exhibitor tables will typically provide additional space for a standard pull-up banner (1m x 2m)
- Exhibit booths are available at selected events. Displaying banners or other advertising materials outside the booked space is not permitted.
- Distribution of advertising materials outside the allocated space is strictly prohibited.
- Participants may not organise any hospitality event, seminar or tour which encourages participants to leave the event at any time during the programme.
- Any hospitality event, seminar or tour outside of the programme times, where attendance is linked in any way to the ICEF event, must be notified to ICEF in advance and approved in writing.
- ICEF is entitled to prohibit unauthorised advertising or activities without judicial order.
12. Parallel events and parasitic behaviour
Any event, seminar, party, reception or tour organised or arranged before or after the ICEF event with the intention of inviting our attendees to participate must gain explicit permission from ICEF at least three months in advance, failing to seek this permission may result in permanent exclusion from the ICEF platform as well as any and all future ICEF events.
13. Liability and insurance
Participants should be insured against personal liability, fire and theft. ICEF will not be held liable for any loss of or damage to exhibits, materials or equipment, for instance, through fire or theft, regardless of whether this damage or loss is sustained before, during, or after the event. The participants, on their part, will be held liable for any damage to persons or objects caused by them, their employees, their representatives or by exhibits or items of their equipment.
While ICEF will take precautions to keep participants’ promotional materials safe, ICEF is not liable for any loss or damage. As a precaution, the event halls will be locked and/or guarded while not in use. If you choose to request phone or device charging support at the ICEF Registration Desk and staff are able to help, the device is left at your own risk and ICEF will not be held liable.
15. Behaviour at events
ICEF is dedicated to harassment-free events, and we expect our attendees to always act professionally.
The professional community of international student recruiters values and promotes peace and prosperity. Individuals who support extremist views, terrorism, war and/or invasion and espouse those views are not welcome to participate in our events.
Any discrimination or bullying based on, but not limited to, xenophobia, religion, gender, race, sexual orientation, etc., is not aligned with the values ICEF holds dear and will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
While alcohol is available at our events, we expect all participants to drink in moderation. Any behaviour linked to intoxication will not be tolerated. The use of drugs and / or any banned substances is strictly prohibited.
Failure to comply with the code of conduct will result in the immediate dismissal from the event without a refund. It may result in a permanent ban on attending future ICEF events.
16. Media waiver
By attending an ICEF event, you permit ICEF to use photographs or video footage of you taken at an ICEF event, which shall be used for ICEF promotional purposes only.
Attendees agree to share and use data acquired at the event in accordance with GDPR regulations and general professional etiquette; sending spam to attendees post-event you have never met can be perceived as unprofessional.
18. Concluding provisions
The contract is valid under German law in the jurisdiction of Bonn, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these terms and conditions, don’t hesitate to contact Accounts@icef.com.