ICEF Agent Voice was launched in 2020 to deliver rapid feedback from agents in response to the coronavirus pandemic. The survey follows on from the ICEF Agent Barometer, which has been conducted annually over the past 15 years.
The survey is unique in its frequency, reach, and level of detail – comparing perspectives of agents around the world and gaining fresh insights into how they are adapting and responding to global issues and challenges.
Each survey cycle features questions on day-to-day agency operations, recruitment projections, destination attractiveness, student decision factors, and other market trends.
Throughout 2020 and 2021, business changed for many agencies. This survey continues our analysis of the challenges currently faced by agents globally, documents the steps towards the recovery of our industry, and provides a forecast for recruitment beyond 2022.
The 2022 survey, sponsored by Flywire, has five distinct sections:
- Review & Forecast
- Recruiting for Online Programmes
- Commission & Recruitment
- Digital Marketing
- Study Destinations & Visa Approval Rates
• The outlook is positive and expectations are high post pandemic, with a strong appetite for international education being reported.
• Flexibility has been a key driver with growth and diversification of products offered to both students and partners.
• Growth of online programmes offered has accelerated during the pandemic, overcoming barriers and opening up new audiences.
• Despite advancements and investment in the use of technology, it is recognised that there is still significant opportunity for further development.
• Visa approval rates present a concern globally.
• The playing field has shifted, with students’ interest in study destination markets changing.