The Selection Process
To ensure that only the very best agents attend ICEF events, we have developed a selection process considered the most stringent in the industry. Thanks to this reputation, some of the world’s most important educators rely solely on ICEF for agent introductions.
Any agent who wishes to participate in an ICEF event must complete an extensive application form (in English) including, but not limited to, the following information:
- Company information, including year of foundation and number of employees
- Official registration details
- 150-word description of their activities in English
- Detailed information on the programmes they promote to students
- Total number of students sent abroad each year (by programme, education level, and destination country)
- Four positive references from their partner educational institutions
- Their promotional and marketing strategies (e.g. how the agent recruits students and how they promote their partner institutions)
- Marketing materials (e.g. their brochure and website)
- Details of association membership and proof of professional standards
- Accreditation by a reputed entity
- Signed terms and conditions, indicating compliance with ICEF's standards
All information submitted by an agent must be dated within the last 12 months to be accepted. To ensure that agencies attend our events solely to do business as student recruitment agents, we enforce a strict ‘no selling’ policy: agents may not sell any services or products to educators. To ensure compliance with this policy, agents are monitored onsite.
A Balanced Clientele
To maintain the quality of our events, we choose our clientele selectively. The number of agencies we accept at each workshop depends upon the number of registrations we receive from educators. We also establish quotas for the number of agencies we accept from specific markets. These quotas provide a balance of countries at our events and ensure that each educator has the opportunity to meet with enough participants of their choice.
Quality in the Application Process
We will only confirm an agency’s participation in an ICEF event after reviewing all of the details noted above, and after performing a website check. We also require four positive references from reputable educators.
We require additional information for some of our events. Agents applying for ICEF Higher Education, ICEF Australia New Zealand Agent (ANZA) or ICEF’s North America events must also demonstrate a clear focus on sending students to these programmes and markets.
ICEF’s industry-leading quality assurance processes are recognised worldwide as a significant advantage for agencies which have been successfully vetted for, and participated in, ICEF events.