Dr. Brian Whalen – Executive Director, American International Recruitment Council (AIRC)
Beck Lamb – Associate Director of Onshore International Admissions, St. George’s University
The American International Recruitment Council (AIRC) is recognized by the U.S. Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission as the Standards Development Organization (SDO) for the international student enrollment and recruitment field. In fulfilment of this role, AIRC has spent the past year developing new International Enrollment Management (IEM) standards to help guide institutions as they develop and improve their IEM operations. This session will demonstrate through actual case studies, how the standards can be used by institutions to advance strategies and improve IEM operations. Areas of the standards include:
1. Mission and goals
2. Institutional effectiveness
3. Marketing and recruitment
4. Admissions and enrollment, and
5. Student wellbeing and services
These comprehensive standards provide guidance to institutions in serving the best interests of students, the institution, and its partners. The standards present a benchmarking tool for institutions of all types and sizes to understand IEM best practices and how to meet the requirements set out by the standards. Link to the Standards.
By attending this session, attendees will:
– Be able to identify strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities for IEM by assessing their own institution’s mission and goals; institutional effectiveness; marketing and recruitment; admissions and enrollment; and student wellbeing and services as part of the overall international enrollment process.
– Be able to define how to meet the standards through consideration of a series of related questions that assist institutions to conduct a self-assessment that will help institutions to improve their practices.
– Learn how the standards can be used as a tool for developing, implementing, assessing and improving international enrollment strategies to meet institutional goals.
– Learn how to use the standards to collaborate across the institution.